on Monday, June 29, 2020
Updating & Assistance
Our dedicated Integrated Solutions team is here to help with the updating of your StarFire equipment. Beginning now bring your equipment into one of our locations, or contact our team and we'll come out to your farm to complete the update.
The Following rates apply:
- $250 to update screens & receivers in store
- $350 to update screens & receivers on your farm
- One price and no cap on the number of screens/globes to be updated
Additional options for software:
- USB Drive with available through parts department - $50
Use the form below to contact your local Integrated Solutions Specialist and set up a time!
Software Update Workshops coming in 2021
Our Integrated Solution Specialists will be hosting workshops around updating the software on your equipment. These workshops will be hosted in our Baudette location on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month January - April of 2021. Please see the events listings on our site for additional details, times, and any necessary COVID requirements.
Mandatory Update General Information
In early August 2020, the StarFire™ 20-2 software update will be available. This software update, will be a "Mandatory Update” for both StarFire 6000 and StarFire 3000 receivers and includes software fixes plus a few new features. Changes coming with the 20-2 software update also prepare the StarFire network to support new satellite constellations and the next generation StarFire receiver.
Critical Update Timeline
- August 2020 - Required 20-2 Software update for StarFire 3000 and 6000 receivers becomes available
- November 2020 - Updates should be completed on StarFire 3000 and 6000 units
- December 2020 - RTK Base stations will be updated to the 20-2 Software
- February 1, 2021 - Deadline to complete 20-2 software update, receivers not updated to 20-2 by this time will not receive the StarFire signal and as such will only operate in WASS until updated to 20-2.
Additional Reminder on StarFire iTC Receivers
StarFire iTC receivers will no longer function beginning February 1st, 2021 and will no long receive the StarFire signal. StarFire iTC receivers will continue to operate in WAAS until approximately 2026 or when the US GPS satellite constellation P(Y) code is retired and may continue to be used for yield mapping. Guidance applications including AutoTrac™ will not be available.
StarFire 6000 New Features
StarFire software update 20-2 for StarFire 6000 receivers will also include the following new features:
- Continuous Data Logging
- New RTK Extend (RTK-X) and John Deere Mobile RTK (M-RTK) status added
- Shared Signal and Machine Sync Compatibility
- integrated solutions
- operations center
- software update
- starfire 3000
- starfire 6000
- true solution