Location: Grand Forks, ND
Type of Employment: Full Time
Setup/Recon Technician - TNE IMPACT Center
The TNE IMPACT Center will be a facility that allows for new, innovative, and highly capable methods to add real value for our customers and employees. It will support all departments across our retail locations, improve efficiency in new equipment set up, reconditioning, streamline parts storage and transfers, and improve our customer service abilities in our retail locations. Provide added space for growing our CDIP education process for our customers and cross training our departments on new John Deere technology and equipment.
True North Equipment has been in business since 1949 and has 10 locations with over 200 employees. Our employees are the key to our success and have helped us get to where we are today, operating in two states across the Red River Valley. True to our Values...Driven by You!
It takes our entire team to make True North Equipment exceptional. We strongly desire individuals who are self-starters and hard-workers, always willing to dive into a new challenge and who are eager to learn. We strive to provide you with limitless opportunities for growth and education that will challenge you. Most importantly, we want you to have fun working at TNE!
You’ll focus on:
- Assembles and services all types of equipment offered for sale by the dealership. Prepares equipment for delivery to the customer or for demonstration purposes. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager or Lead Technician. Enterprise role for the company.
- Assembles and properly adjusts all types of equipment, and other merchandise offered for sale by the dealership
- Provide your own essential job tools
- Performs pre-delivery inspection on all types of equipment and other merchandise offered for sale by the dealership
- Operates and maintains vehicles, tools and equipment required in the set-up and delivery process
- Demonstrates a strong sense of attention to detail to ensure all assemblies and adjustments are performed correctly
- Supports the TNE team with reconditioning of used equipment and detail work as needed
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations set by True North Equipment and OSHA, in performing work assignments
- Accountable for all time and material used in performing assigned jobs
- May participate in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Completes tasks in a timely fashion to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Works as an Enterprise employee to support all retail locations with their product set up needs
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job and work 40 hours per week
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Works closely with the location service manager, and supports the overall success of True North Equipment
What we are looking for:
- Ability to operate vehicles, tools, and equipment used in machinery pre-delivery and set-up processes
- Ability to assemble machinery components and to follow manufacturer’s pre-delivery instructions
- Ability to communicate and work well with others-this role requires a high level of communication with a team
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to perform multiple duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of equipment safety procedures
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver’s license required, a clean MVR, and meet requirements to drive company owned vehicles
- Forklift license preferred
- Must be able to retain positive relationships with co-workers
- Must be able to obtain a medical card for hauling
Total Rewards Package:
The opportunity to build a great career path, industry leading benefits, a fun environment, and owners that work right alongside us each day!
- Insurance: Health insurance with 100% single premium paid, 50% SPD or family premium paid; TNE covers 50% of all dental and vision premiums; 100% of short/long-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
- 401K: TNE offers 401K with company matching for qualified employees because who doesn’t want to save for retirement!
- PTO: Our generous PTO package is awarded to you on your FIRST day of employment. Take time off, we encourage it!
- Holidays: We have 7 paid holidays and a few other specials days for you to spend with your favorite people.
- Professional Development: Continuous professional training and growth opportunities because we value your growth at TNE.
- Community Involvement: Give back to your community with our paid time off for you to volunteer. You can also use this time for your doctors’ appointments, too!
- Parental Leave: If you’re expecting or looking to start a family, we have paid parental leave because you have waited long enough for your bundle(s) of joy!
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
All full-time hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screening.
True North Equipment is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. True North Equipment will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.