Location: All Locations
Type of Employment: Full Time
JD Diesel Technician
Salary Range:$18.00 Hourly Onwards
The Diesel Technician performs diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment.
True North Equipment has been in business since 1949 and has 10 locations with nearly 200 employees. Our employees are the key to our success and have helped us get to where we are today, operating in two states across the Red River Valley. True to our Values...Driven by You!
It takes our entire team to make True North Equipment exceptional. We strongly desire individuals who are self-starters and hard-workers, always willing to dive into a new challenge and who are eager to learn. We strive to provide you with limitless opportunities for growth and education that will challenge you. Most importantly, we want you to have fun working at TNE!
You’ll focus on:
- Performs diagnostics and repairs on agricultural equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Conducts or supports customer training/clinics
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time and all material used in performing assigned duties
- May perform diagnosis and repair in the field
- Must be able to work regular Service Department hours, and maintain reliable attendance
What we are looking for:
- 1-2+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures on machines of the Technician’s specialty
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Must be able to retain positive relationships with customers and co-workers
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be able to obtain medical card for hauling
Total Rewards Package:
- $18-$24/hr depending on years of experience, plus incentive program
- Insurance: Health insurance with 100% single premium paid, 50% SPD or family premium paid; TNE covers 50% of all dental and vision premiums; 100% of short/long-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
- 401K: TNE offers 401K with company matching for qualified employees because who doesn’t want to save for retirement!
- PTO: Our generous PTO package is awarded to you on your FIRST day of employment. Take time off, we encourage it!
- Holidays: We have 7 paid holidays and a few other specials days for you to spend with your favorite people.
- Professional Development: Continuous professional training and growth opportunities because we value your growth at TNE.
- Community Involvement: Give back to your community with our paid time off for you to volunteer. You can also use this time for your doctors’ appointments, too!
- Parental Leave: If you’re expecting or looking to start a family, we have paid parental leave because you have waited long enough for your bundle(s) of joy!
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
All full-time hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screening.
True North Equipment is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. True North Equipment will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.