Location: Grafton, ND
Type of Employment: Full Time
Manages service department operations and all service staff within the Grafton dealership location
True North Equipment has been in business since 1949 and has soon to be 10 locations with nearly 200 employees. Our employees are the key to our success and have helped us get to where we are today, operating in two states across the Red River Valley. True to our Values...Driven by You!
It takes our entire team to make True North Equipment exceptional. We strongly desire individuals who are self-starters and hard-workers, always willing to dive into a new challenge and who are eager to learn. We strive to provide you with limitless opportunities for growth and education that will challenge you. Most importantly, we want you to have fun working at TNE!
You’ll focus on:
- Maximizes the use of the True North Service Delivery system for both internal and external customers
- Develops, communicates, and engages in effective True North Equipment and Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Focus on growth and profitable Service Department labor sales by building value in the marketplace
- Creates annual Service Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives
- Develops and executes a Service Department marketing plan to ensure achievement of departmental goals
- Supports True North Product Optimization initiatives
- Maintains a full-service delivery schedule for technicians and assigns jobs to employees in the Service Department according to their skills and knowledge
- Reviews RO’s for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing
- Maintain minimal WIP (work in process) in the EQUIP business system
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Takes a proactive approach to recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
- Maintains a quality, clean, and well-organized Service Department. Ensuring a safe, clean and properly equipped (Tools, Equipment, Vehicles) Service department
What we are looking for:
- Diesel technician background preferred
- Management or leadership experience preferred
- Background in the ag equipment dealer operations, and or trucking/automotive industry operations
- Must be an out of the box creative thinker with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Must have a clean MVR, and the ability to drive company owned vehicles
- This position is categorized as safety sensitive and is subject to the company drug testing policy
Total Rewards Package:
- The opportunity to build a great career path, industry leading benefits, a fun environment, and owners that work right alongside us each day!
- $50,000-$70,000+ depending on years of service manager experience, plus incentive program and company cell phone.
- Insurance: Health insurance with 100% single premium paid, 50% SPD or family premium paid; TNE covers 50% of all dental and vision premiums; 100% of short/long-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
- 401K: TNE offers 401K with company matching for qualified employees because who doesn’t want to save for retirement!
- PTO: Our generous PTO package is awarded to you on your FIRST day of employment. Take time off, we encourage it!
- Holidays: We have 7 paid holidays and a few other specials days for you to spend with your favorite people.
- Professional Development: Continuous professional training and growth opportunities because we value your growth at TNE.
- Community Involvement: Give back to your community with our paid time off for you to volunteer. You can also use this time for your doctors’ appointments, too!
- Parental Leave: If you’re expecting or looking to start a family, we have paid parental leave because you have waited long enough for your bundle(s) of joy!
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
All full-time hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screening.
True North Equipment is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. True North Equipment will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.