Location: Resource Center, ND
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Provide support to the Director of Human Resources. Coordinate and administer assigned programs and activities within the Human Resource Department and True North Equipment; to provide information to all employees and the general public as necessary; research applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
This job description identifies the main position duties assigned. It does not include all aspects of the position.
- Implement a variety of Human Resource programs and projects as necessary.
- Recruiting & Hiring: including advertising, attending job fairs & recruiting events, and assist with interviewing.
- Coordinate interviews prepare recommendations to managers as needed. Screen and correspond with applicants.
- Responsible for the payroll processing and administration functions to ensure accurate, compliant, and timely payrolls.
- Maintain safekeeping of employee files and ensure accuracy of employee information.
- Assist in the development and implementation of company policies and procedure; to include updating the company handbook.
- May manage and work with interns as needed.
- May work as the company training coordinator for JDU training courses.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings in the Human Resource field.
- Participate in the administration of our work comp insurance programs; communicate with injured employees WSI & Federated representatives, nurses and vocational rehabilitation representatives as necessary.
- Participate in the administration of our annual performance evaluation program.
- Develop, review and update job descriptions, provide research findings on salary range recommendations.
- Assist with employee engagement surveys.
- Participate in the administration of our Drug Free Workplace Program.
- Promote the company’s mission, vision, and culture.
- Coordinate logistics for training & company events, parties, activities, and recognition events.
- Manage the FMLA process to include notifications to employees, and ensure proper hours tracking.
- Manage unemployment claims.
- Reconcile premium billings for billing accuracy.
- Maintain HRIS.
- Maintain and prepare new hire paperwork and provide onboarding support.
- Assist with review and processing of year end files, w2’s, 1095-C, and other year-end file submissions.
- Respond to requests for verification of employment.
- Network and build relationships with other HR Professionals in the local market.
- Maintain company organization charts & employee directory.
- Participate in employee relations counseling, and exit interviews as needed.
- Assist employees with questions and requests for information regarding hours, benefits, and payroll deductions.
- May work on company wellness programs.
- Communication, both oral and written
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Building
- Ability to maintain confidential information, high degree of integrity, and ethical practices
- Cultural Awareness
- Windows and Microsoft Office knowledge
- High attention to detail and organization skills
- Adapts positively to continuous change
- Ability to multitask and manage own time
Required Experience and Education
2+ years of experience in Human Resources or a Management related field preferred, will also consider a recent graduate majoring in Human Resources with no years of experience.
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Human Resource Management, Management, Public Administration, or Business Administration.
License or Certificates
Valid driver's license & ability to meet company insurance driving requirements.
PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP certification (or willingness to obtain) within 24 months.
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as a laptop computer, photocopier and smart phone.
The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Driving a car will be required to travel to and from our store locations, and career fair locations as needed.
Full-time, Monday-Friday 8-5pm. Occasional evening work may be required for recruiting/hiring events.
Some travel will be expected for this position.
Pay & Benefits
Salary depending on years of HR Experience and Certifications held.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Matching 401k, PTO, short- & long-term disability insurance, life insurance and more!