on Wednesday, February 01, 2017
Admit it, you've said it; "they just don't make them like they used to." With the advances in farming technology, today, that is more true than ever. Buzz about autonomous vehicles, robotic workforces and artificial intelligence dominate the tech headlines, but many farmers are left wondering what options are available for them.
One tool that is starting to catch on in agriculture is the use of Modular Telematics Gateways (MTG) to provide farmers with real-time data transfer MTGs can be used to view critical information about machines, move data seamlessly and save you money on repairs with remote diagnostics.
Here are a couple ways True North Equipment can help you utilize MTGs on your operation;
- Increase efficiency by showing multiple machines in the field at the same time.
- Share coverage map and guidance lines when two machines are working in the same field for increased efficiency and complete field coverage.
- Simplify unloading and reduce spillage by automating uloading on-the-go by allowing the combine operator to control tractor speed and grain cart location.
- Stay up-to-date on machine locations and hours, and track and analyze machine and fuel usage.
- Protect assets with a geofence and curfew alerts
- Keep your equipment running with maintenance tracking, preventative maintenance plans, Remote Display Access and Service ADVISOR Remote.
- Send setup, prescription and documentation files to your operators in the field with the Wireless Data Transfer.
To learn about more ways True North Equipment can connect you, contact one of our Integrated Solutions Consultants.
Want to learn first-hand? Check-out our off-season training classes!